Monday, February 9, 2015

pattern mixing: polka dots + stripes

shirt: Old Navy // skirt: eBay (identical) // necklace: Urban Peach Boutique (identical)
tights: Target // flats: Payless Shoe Source // watch: Michael Kors

.
Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

I've been on such a black and white kick lately, adding pops of color here and there...but most sticking to a simple black and white palette. Today was no different! I paired this bold b+w striped skirt with a more subdued polka dot blouse, which is why I think this pattern mixing works. The striped skirt is the main focus and not competing with the polka dot pattern in the shirt, though they share the same palette.

How do you mix patterns? Any tip and tricks?

xoxo,

14 comments:

  1. i would wear this with a solid black top to make the skirt pop more..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also want to wear it with a pink top...Pinterest outfit ideas! :)

      Delete
  2. Love your mix! Looking cute and chic.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too, too cute! I love this combo and the pop of pink is just perfect!!

    www.taffetaandtulips.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! This is one of my favourite combinations, your shirt is gorgeous and I really the skirt. You look amazing Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I never thought to mix polka dots and stripes - love the combo on you!

    xx Alyson
    The Beauty Vanity

    ReplyDelete

  6. Asking questions are genuinely nice thing if you are not understanding something completely, but this article presents pleasant understanding yet. all of craigslist

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too, too cute! I love this combo and the pop of pink is just perfect!!

    Man Cosplay Ideas

    ReplyDelete