Friday, February 22, 2013

this vs. that: chambray shirt + red skinny jeans

Happy Friday! This is the first in a new series I'll be posting weekly..."this vs. that." I'll be highlighting a pricey outfit, alongside an alternative, much more affordable outfit. I hope you enjoy!

1. J. Crew Chambray Shirt, J. Crew Toothpick Jeans  |  2. Target Mossimo Chambray Shirt, Wal-Mart LEI Skinny Jeans

So, I'll admit I'm a huge J. Crew fan. I've always loved their classic styles, bright colors, and clean lines. However, I am not a fan of their prices...and I usually only purchase from J. Crew if it's on sale, or it's truly a one-of-a-kind piece I know I won't find elsewhere.

On the other hand, this is an outfit that can easily be re-created for a fraction of the price. I actually purchased both items from look #2 and they're great (post coming soon)!

Moral of the story...affordable fashion is out there, and it's easy to find if you know where to look! Have any of you found any great "this vs. that" deals lately? Email me or post your comment below!

xoxo,

14 comments:

  1. this post is very helpful, I cannot wait for more!

    http://pinklovelaugh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have soooo many more ideas coming down the line! :)

      Delete
  2. Great post and blog.

    If you get a sec, check out my latest post 'Elegant in Oxblood'.
    Have a great weekend.

    XO
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with you. Most of my outfits are definitely from the "that" (lower budget) side.
    Have a great week-end.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit, I've been DROOLING over that J. Crew shirt. I'm kind of obsessed.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! Go to target, I promise you'll love the Mossimo version! :) Here's another one from Old Navy I want to check out >>> http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=72302&vid=1&pid=383901012

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post...but ugh how i love j.crew!

    x Vittoria, from nyc
    ...and enter my GIVEAWAY for a $100 gift certificate to online boutique ShopSeptember here: http://tinyurl.com/ae395pp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea for posts! I've gotten really obsessed with J. Crew this year, which is obviously disastrous for my wallet, so I try to balance it out with pieces from places like Target and Old Navy. Thanks for the outfit inspiration!

    Kaitlin
    teaandsequin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for comment Kaitlin...can't wait to see some of your finds! :)

      Delete
  8. I know J Crew can be quite pricey but I love the pattern on the shirt!

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI!
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job with this!!

    Ali of

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete