Wednesday, February 4, 2015

how to wear: marsala

lace blouse: F21 // skirt: Zara (super similar, love this midi version) // tights: Target
necklace: F21 (similar, love this one) // watch: Michael Kors // booties: Payless (almost identical)


grey coat: H+M (similar, love this collarless version)



.
First off, let's just file this post under, #picsimeanttopostin2014. I actually wore this outfit over the holidays. Yeah, just a couple of weeks late!

Anyways,  as I'm sure you're all aware by now, Pantone's Color of the Year is Marsala...otherwise known as maroon, burgundy, oxblood, cranberry, wine, etc. While I'm not a huge fan of the word, "marsala" (and really, who is??), I absolutely love this color! It can be worn in so many ways...from pairing a maroon sweater with distressed jeans and a leopard flat, to maroon skinnies with a pink blouse and statement necklace...it's flattering on everyone!

Rather than going with a typical LBD for a work holiday dinner, I decided to mix in a little color and wore this cranberry skirt from Zara (last seen here) with a simple lace blouse and black tights. Festive, but not over the top!

What about you? How will you wear marsala this year?

xoxo,



P.S. Sorry for the low light in these photos...I took this in the evening with super low light.

6 comments:

  1. hahaha I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that doesn't like the wood marsala! I would much rather say burgundy or oxblood. Love this outfit tho! That lace top is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vanessa! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I got the black one at H&M awhile back and found the grey one on Poshmark!

      Delete
  4. Absolutely stunning! You look amazing, as always!
    Justice League Jacket

    ReplyDelete